February 24 - 27, 2020
JW Marriott, Palm Springs, CA
Transform UX + MERCHANDISING SUMMIT
February 24, 2020
Optimize Your Merchandising And UX Strategies Now - Retailer Only
Give your customer what they want. And make the shopping experience easy for them. With a balance of art and science, there is a need for frictionless buying from discovery to checkout to move the product into the cart. We cover both merchandising and UX topics in this summit to really boost your bottom line. As a bonus we have roundtables designed to get you talking with your peers.
8:20 am - 9:00 am Networking Breakfast & Registration
Time to fuel up for a great day of in-depth learning on how to continue to optimize your UX and Merchandising strategies.
9:00 am - 9:10 am Welcome Remarks
9:10 am - 9:35 am Keynote: Design Tips For Better Data Storytelling
With so much data available to companies now, interpreting it and using it effectively as the foundation for your brand storytelling can be a challenge. You’re always striving for that perfect recipe of understanding and insight to create value for your customers. Adding or increasing data to the mix can dramatically alter the flavor of the recipe.
Tim, Lead Design Strategist at Nike, has over 13 years of design experience, focusing on information design, brand strategy, consumer insights and transforming complex data into simple visuals assets.This session will dig right into effective solutions for incorporating your data into your content and storytelling strategies. We’ll explore the most effective design solutions for displaying and interpreting data – using a case study of 35+ unique approaches to interpreting one data set, to visually represent the information. After this keynote session, you’ll be able to:
- Build a process and method for more successful data visualization designs
- Become more aware of the process of critical thinking & visual analysis
- Understand how layering in relevant contextual data helps your audience
- Create a new understanding of interpreting data and incorporating your most valuable data sets into your content strategy
Tim DegnerLead Design Strategist
9:35 am - 9:50 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
9:50 am - 10:30 am Keynote Panel: Maximizing Your Online Merchandising: Unifying Search And Product Recommendations
How can you use a customer’s search behavior to inform your merchandising? What are the ways that retailers are personalizing their product offerings based on browsing patterns and data? This panel answers these questions and presents actionable, detailed ways to maximize your online merchandising strategies. Receive take-aways from Levi Strauss and Lands’ End as they present ideas for:
- Ensuring preview search has the most relevant products and content to draw in the browsing customer
- Programming natural language processing for specific inquiries for top products to surface
- Using AI to generate accurate merchandising opportunities for customers’ individual preferences
- Funneling through products to ensure surfaced products become more tailored as customers browse
Charis MarquezSr. Director, Site Merchandising
Levi Strauss & Co
Rebecca J. BeckerDirector, Digital Merchandising & Operations
Alex BanysSr. Director, Global eCommerce Digital Marketing
Specialized Bicycle Components
10:30 am - 11:00 am Coffee & Refreshments
Your mind is buzzing with ideas so grab some coffee and keep it going!
11:00 am - 11:20 am eTail Best In Class Award For Site Redesign Of The Year And Q+A With Winner
11:20 am - 12:00 pm Keynote Panel Remix: Keeping The Customer First: Customer-Centric UX & Design Best Practices For Retail
It’s no accident that UX is often called CX as brands must approach UX with a human-centered approach that understands user pain points and needs. Hear how companies such as REI think about customer-centric design and apply this to their retail organizations in this keynote panel.
- Knowing your audience and creating relevant and compelling content
- Providing adequate customer support through chat, video, FAQ’s, etc.
- Understanding UX on your mobile site and the priorities for mobile users
- Testing continuously to ensure ease of navigation and a frictionless UX
Luke CardoniLead User Experience Designer
Haley NemannSr. Manager, Shopper Insights & Experience
Ryan BreslowFounder & CEO
12:00 pm - 12:25 pm Keynote: Customer-Focused Product Design: Leveraging Customer Connections And Community To Build A Business That Delights
Sandra Oh Lin Founder & CEO KiwiCo
Sandra Oh Lin Founder & CEO KiwiCo
Hear from the CEO & Founder of KiwiCo how her company, a leader in the D2C space, has collected and leveraged customer feedback since its inception to continuously improve its products, customer loyalty and profit margins. This session will look at how they are leveraging their customer base, building a community and infusing customer-centric design into their product development.
Sandra Oh LinFounder & CEO
12:25 pm - 1:25 pm Lunch & Networking For All Attendees
1:25 pm - 1:50 pm Your Customers Are Craving Convenience: What Omni Optimization Factors You Need To Know
Today’s customer wants what they want when they want it. How are you accommodating them and understanding how to make their omni-channel experience frictionless? Alison Schmitz of Jo-Ann Stores will walk you through some of the work they are doing to improve CX and drive sales. Discuss:
- Reducing pick-up time by having designated areas in-store for online orders
- Expanding SKU assortment online and on m sites
- Incentivizing store associates to assist with omni orders
- Being competitive with pricing
Alison SchmitzDirector, Product Delivery & Digital Experience
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.
1:50 pm - 2:25 pm eTail Tonight: How To Turn A Product Into A Phenomenon
With so many choices available to today’s customer, how are you truly differentiating with your products? How are you creating the next big thing? A diverse group of companies will walk you through their secrets to success in a fun, Tonight Style panel discussion. You’ll hear from The Chief Merchandising Officer at Uncommon Goods, the co-CEO at Yandy and the CEO of Aunt Fannie’s as they discuss how they’ve turned their brands into customer sensation!
- Breaking through the merchandising clutter and standing out with a product that makes a statement
- Ensuring the item has a descriptive product name for easy search, ensuring visibility to shoppers on the hunt
- Promoting reviews to show instant feedback for buyers
- Getting your products sold quickly
Katherine Danneberg MatteyChief Merchandising Officer
Adam CallinanCo-Founder & CEO
2:25 pm - 2:25 pm Conclusion Of The Transform UX & Merchandising Summit
4:30 pm - 5:15 pm Cocktails & Conversations (Retailer-Only): Connect With Retail Peers From Similar Sized Organizations
Relax with a cocktail and chat with other retailers in your vertical who share your pain points. You’ll meet the peers who can give you tons of advice and technology recommendations.
1. 0-25 Million in online revenues
Hosted By: Kari Slater, VP, Digital Marketing & eCommerce, SCOUT
2. 25 – 100 Million in online revenues
Hosted By: Gabriela Cruz, Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, Bliss
3. 100 – 500 Million in online revenues
Hosted By: Sue Cho, Head of Lifecycle Marketing, Calm
4. 500 Million+ in online revenues
Hosted By: Jean-Marx Mantilla, Digital Marketing Director, Lands’ End
Kari SlaterVP, Digital Marketing & eCommerce
Gabriela CruzSr. Manager, Digital Marketing
Sue ChoHead of Lifecycle Marketing
Jean-Marx MantillaDigital Marketing Director
5:15 pm - 5:15 pm Conclusion Of Cocktails & Conversations
5:15 pm - 6:30 pm eTail Seize The Seasons Receptions!
Pick one of four parties to join!
1. APRES SKI - Costas Nightclub
No skiing experience required to enjoy this apres hot spot. Warm up at Costas Nightclub!
2. SPRING CHERRY BLOSSOMS - Mikado Restaurant
Spring is nature’s way of saying let’s party! Head on over to Mikado Restaurant for refreshing cocktails and apps.
3. SUMMER SOLSTICE - The Pointe
Put a little sizzle in your step at the Pointe and enjoy all things summer!
4. FALL OKTOBERFEST - Rockwood Grill
No worries, you can leave your dirndl and lederhosen at home and just enjoy a nice bier by the fire at the Rockwood Grill!