February 19 - 22, 2019
JW Marriott, Palm Springs, CA
Day Four: Future Tech, AI, Mobile, And Immersive Media
February 22nd, 2019
Are you shaping the next generation of retail? Today’s speakers are being transformative with mobile, immersive media, and are actually successfully using AI. They know which cutting-edge technologies you need to invest in now. And by the end of the day, you’ll be an expert too.
8:30 am - 8:50 am Keynote C-Level Chat: Millennials Love Poshmark: Behind The Tech That Drives The BuysTracy Sun - Co-founder & Senior Vice President of New Markets, Poshmark
eCommerce brands are evolving quickly, integrating social networking components to attract the next generation of consumers. Poshmark, recently named as one of Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, pioneered the social shopping phenomenon, and the industry is taking notice: Instagram and Pinterest, for example, have added direct shopping features to their existing social platforms. Meanwhile, direct-to-consumer brands like Glossier are adding social interactions to their existing commerce platforms. Poshmark, a social commerce platform since day one, has long understood the power of a highly engaged community to drive transactions. Each Poshmark transaction is marked by human connection –– through shares, likes and comments –– creating a vibrant, ever-growing shopping community.
In this fireside chat, Tracy Sun, Co-founder & Senior Vice President of New Markets at Poshmark, will discuss why \ social commerce is the future of shopping. She will describe how Poshmark cultivates connection and relationship between platform users, turning them into repeat shoppers, driving conversion and inspiring brand loyalty.
Tracy SunCo-founder & Senior Vice President of New Markets
8:50 am - 9:20 am Keynote C-Level Disruptor Panel: Explosive Growth Stories—Headlining Brands That Broke Through This YearKerry Cooper - President/COO, Rothy's Anthony Marino - President, thredUp Jeff Kearl - Co-Founder, CEO & Chairman, Stance Kevin Lavelle - Founder & CEO, Mizzen+Main JT Marino - Co-Founder, Tuft & Needle
What do these brands all have in common? They have achieved incredible growth in their categories. Hear from the C-Levels of 5 breakthrough brands as they talk you through the opportunity they saw in their market, their unique value propositions and brand promises and how they have set themselves apart from the competition through the products and experiences they provide:
• Breaking down the story: where an opportunity was seen and filled
• What strategies defined their brand promises: communicating a unique VP
• How their experiences and products allow them to break through the clutter
Jeff KearlCo-Founder, CEO & Chairman
Kevin LavelleFounder & CEO
Tuft & Needle
9:20 am - 9:45 am Keynote: Artificial Intelligence In Retail: Using Data To Personalize Customer Experiences For E-Business GrowthMeera Bhatia - COO, Stella & Dot
AI can be a powerful tool for retailers to accelerate learning, personalize experiences, and drive incremental revenue. But tackling this tech space can be a daunting task for any retailer. Stella & Dot, the global social selling fashion and accessories brand, leverages strategic experimentation to dynamically personalize the journey for their stylists, hostesses, and shoppers on its mobile and desktop sites. With a test-and-learn philosophy, the brand has allowed analytics, increased revenue and consumer engagement to determine future strategy. Meera Bhatia, COO of Stella & Dot, will share examples, learnings, and practical advice to help you get started with AI to deliver results:
• Practical advice about incorporating new tech, and how to get started with AI
• How AI can be used to accelerate learning, personalize experiences, and drive incremental revenue.
• Stella & Dot's journey with AI and lessons learned along the way
Stella & Dot
9:45 am - 10:05 am Reinventing How We Shop for Sleep: A Look at Casper’s Vision for the Future of RetailLeticia Miranda - Retail Reporter Buzzfeed Jeff Brooks - CMO, Casper
Four years ago, Casper reimagined sleep with a universally comfortable mattress. Today, the company has evolved into an end-to-end sleep brand with an entire suite of products, a fleet of retail stores, and an unmatched customer experience. As the industry is rapidly changing, what does the retail experience of the future look like? In this session, CMO Jeff Brooks will discuss how Casper is reinventing how we shop for sleep and how the future of retail will affect brand identity, storytelling, and marketing.
Leticia MirandaRetail Reporter
10:05 am - 10:35 am Morning Refreshment Break – Grab A Cup Of Joe
At eTail we are love learning to the very end of day! Grab a cup of artisanal coffee and rev up through the end of the event!
10:35 am - 11:00 am Keynote Guest Speaker: How To Talk To Your Customers In A Voice First WorldDave Isbitski - Chief Evangelist, Alexa, Amazon
With the rise of artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language understanding (NLU) customer expectations have begun to shift towards “voice first”. What once involved a person having to fill out web forms or installing a mobile app can now be done quickly by asking their favorite AI. As these systems become more interconnected, especially in the home and automobile, we will begin to see new interactions that will allow these AI’s to talk to one another, to serve our needs. Hear what these new expectations mean for your company, and what you should be thinking about today to meet them.
Dave IsbitskiChief Evangelist, Alexa
11:00 am - 11:25 am Keynote: Who’s Behind Those Clicks? The Connected Customer On Their Digital JourneyKimberly Grabel - SVP of Marketing, Soma (Chico's FAS)
With so much data available to us, we pour over every little thing our customer does with us. We think we know her so well, but her journey with us is just a small part of what’s going on in her life. To better serve her, we must understand her holistically and act on that knowledge. Hear how an intimate apparel firm takes customer intimacy to another level.
• Create your customer’s Ecosystem of Experience to influence your own strategies
• Develop Customer Centric Products & Site Experiences that reflect that you understand and appreciate ALL the elements of her life
• Trigger Emotional Engagement, whether through your purpose or charitable social causes, but always rooted in your brand DNA
• Encourage Advocacy by fueling consumers to become Influencers for your brand
Kimberly GrabelSVP of Marketing
Soma (Chico's FAS)
11:25 am - 11:45 am The Future Of Personalized Retail Must Blend Marketing And IoT DataErik Archer Smith - Director of Account Based Marketing, Arm Treasure Data
The future of personalized shopping experiences is upon us. Retail and eCommerce leaders are using online and offline data to create better personalized experiences to disrupt their peers. IoT data like RFID sensors, smart screens and augmented reality are being smartly incorporated allowing forward-thinking retailers to leapfrog their competition in the next decade.
In this session we’ll explore the technologies that make this possible and look at a few real world examples of how data-driven strategies are being implemented by retail leaders Subaru, Muji and Asahi.
Attendees will learn
• Four tactics retailers can implement now by leveraging their existing infrastructure
• Details on the fifth wave of computing and how this will empower the next wave of customer experiences like smart shelves and AI enabled cameras and what technologies are enabling them
• How "Boomers", "Gen X" and "Millennials" view the trust vs personalization relationship and what segments companies are most commonly using for personalization today
Erik Archer SmithDirector of Account Based Marketing
Arm Treasure Data
11:45 am - 12:15 pm Keynote CTO/CIO Panel Discussion Remix: Prioritizing Your Commerce Tech Investments For The Biggest Sales ImpactGreg Fancher - SVP & Chief Information Officer, Express Frederick Clark - CTO, Dermstore (Target Corp.)
The CTOs and CIOs of top retail companies are getting more attention than ever, as they siphon through technology to be lean, systematic, and strategic. They know they must avoid the “duct tape” method to be seamless is imperative. The leaders on this panel discuss how to prioritize budgets and tech implementation:
• Not applying tech for tech sake—evaluating the genuine, positive impact of technology on today’s consumer
• Assessing which tech can alleviate everyday frictions and building out tools that persuade and provide for the customer
• Experimentation: how to internally test at scale or select the right segmented customers before releasing the tech to a bigger audience base
• Ensuring security and compliance when releasing the tech to your customers’ experience
Greg FancherSVP & Chief Information Officer
Dermstore (Target Corp.)
12:15 pm - 12:35 pm C-Level Chat: Not Just Profit And All Philanthropy: The New eCommerce ExperienceLeticia Miranda - Retail Reporter Buzzfeed Lily Kanter - Founder and CEO, Boon Supply Co
Consumers today want to feel good about their purchases—as in not just how good they look in them, but rather they seek products that make a cultura, environmental and economic differnence. Lily Kanter, Co-Founder of Serena and Lily, realized this when she founded Boon Supply.
Boon Supply makes it easy to do good in the world – by simply shopping their curated collection of beautifully-designed, everyday goods, they give 50% of the purchase to the cause of the customer’s choice. Chat with Lily how this new eCommerce experience is making shopping feel good again.
Lily KanterFounder and CEO
Boon Supply Co
Leticia MirandaRetail Reporter
12:35 pm - 12:55 pm C-Level Chat: How Core Values Drive Growth And Innovation: A Look Into The Bombas Mission To Bee BetterDavid Heath - CEO & Co-Founder, Bombas Elizabeth Segran - Staff Writer, Fast Company
In 2013, Bombas launched after the co-founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing items at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to create the most comfortable sock available, while donating a pair for every pair sold. Five years and 10 million pairs of socks donated later, the brand continues to experience accelerated growth across all areas of business, while maintaining their unique ethos. With a powerful commitment to core values rooted in customer experience, best-in-class product, and an engaged employee culture, CEO David Heath will dive into what has fueled Bombas's success and explore how defining the values of a brand from the start, will serve as the guiding principles and barometer by which all decisions should be measured.
David HeathCEO & Co-Founder
Elizabeth SegranStaff Writer
12:55 pm - 1:55 pm Lunch & Networking For All Attendees
Three themed lunches in the glorious Palm Desert Sun! Choose from Backyard BBQ, Mexican Fiesta, or Italian Tasting Menu and enjoy a luncheon outdoors.
1:55 pm - 2:20 pm Virtual Reality – The Next Frontier for E-Commerce Consumer AnalyticsEduardo Siman - Director of IT, Intradeco Apparel
What new insights can your marketing team glean from understanding the behavior of your customers in virtual and augmented reality? Eduardo has the answers. Attend this cutting-edge session to learn how to gather and analyze data from immersive e-commerce experiences. After, you will know how to make better branding decisions based on gaze, movement, and controller click data from your customers as they interact with your products in immersive experiences in 3D, virtual and augmented reality:
• Brand owners and retailers — 3D digital replicas of your products are a reality now, not in some distant future. How will you take ownership of this new “rich content” so that it enhances the customer’s path to purchase?
• Immersive 3D spaces allow you to create opportunities for purchase that could not possibly exist before. If you are the first to take advantage of these possibilities, you will create a better customer experience and transform the so called “moment of truth” so that a customer can select your product at a store even if it is out of stock.
• How could you possibly reach an intuitive conclusion like that by analyzing spreadsheets and clicking on pie charts?You just cant. Life happens in 3D. That’s why its only natural that we would understand customers’ intent and expectations more clearly in 3D environments.
Eduardo SimanDirector of IT
2:20 pm - 2:40 pm Prediction Panel And Retailer Round-Up: Forecasting The Future Of RetailAjay Kapoor - VP, Digital Transformation & Strategy,, SharkNinja Arushi Agrawal Chawla - Director of Product, Caastle
What will the year ahead (and beyond!) hold for retailers and innovative technology? As retailers are more nimble and agile than ever, what is next to understand the customer on a deeper level from discovery to last mile purchase? The thought leaders on this panel look into their crystal ball and give their best predictions of:
• The tech and themes retailers need to focus on for 2019
• The evolution of brand promise—how will the customer be adapting with your tech?
• What tech is vital to thriving for 2019
• The best “a-ha!” moments of eTail West 2019
Ajay KapoorVP, Digital Transformation & Strategy,
Arushi Agrawal ChawlaDirector of Product
2:40 pm - 3:40 pm California Wine Tasting Experience For All Attendees Hosted By Naked Wines
Cheers! It’s the end of eTail and there is nothing better celebrating your new memories and business opportunities than sitting with multiple glasses of best wines overlooking Palm Desert. Many thanks to Naked Wines for hosting!
Visit www.NakedWines.com to learn about the independent winemakers this business supports and order yourself a few bottles—they’re delicious!