February 24 - 27, 2020
JW Marriott, Palm Springs, CA
Day 3: Meet & Collaborate: Build Your Digital Future
February 27, 2020
Meet & Collaborate Day: Build Your Digital Future – Retailer Only
Are you shaping the next generation of retail? Today’s C-Level and SVP speakers are being transformative with tech. They know which cutting-edge technologies you need to invest in now. And by the end of the day, you’ll be an expert too.
7:20 am - 8:00 am Networking Breakfast For All Attendees & Registration
The fun isn't over yet. Head into the expo to get some breakfast bites and fuel up for our last day of eTail!
8:00 am - 8:15 am Welcome Remarks
8:15 am - 8:30 am Chairperson’s Remarks
8:30 am - 8:55 am Keynote Fireside Chat: Haute Looks And Hot Tech: What’s Ahead For Rent The Runway
Josh Builder is the Chief Technology Officer & Head Of Product at Rent the Runway, a tech and logistics company that is disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by introducing clothing rentals as a utility in women’s everyday lives. As a tech-first “retailer,” Josh oversees all aspects of the company’s technology strategy, including Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, and Retail Systems, translating business growth into workable technology solutions that scale both technically and operationally.
Join Josh as he presents Rent the Runway’s technology strategy by:
- Translating business growth into workable technology and product innovations that scale both technically and operationally
- The constant assessment of Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, Logistics, and Retail Systems
- What key data and insights from customers were imperative in the evolution of the business
- What is next for the booming sharing economy, as RTR remains the pioneer and leader for rental and subscription models
Joshua BuilderCTO & Head of Product
Rent The Runway
8:55 am - 9:25 am Digitally Native Keynote Panel Discussion: D2C Expansion And Creating A Feedback Loop With Customers
What factors have led to the direct-to-consumer gold rush? What can be learned from these players as they experiment with physical retail and continue to disrupt their verticals? Learn how these companies have disrupted retail verticals and their recipes for success for the future. We’ll feature C-Level and VP speakers from companies like NomNomNow, whom, after experiencing the benefit of fresh food first-hand with their family pets, set out to disrupt the $30B pet food industry. And Kopari Beauty, where Kiana, in just three years, has helped to expand the world’s first coconut-oil based brand into traditional consumer retailers and received investments from celebrities. This keynote session will also feature the CEO of Floyd, who is able to be agile and nimble in their development process as all products are made in the U.S, and they can tout same day shipping. And we’ll have the VP of Merchandising from Boxed who went from a small start-up in a garage to receiving 100M in annual sales in under four years. They’re here to outline:
- Thinking about the optimal way to communicate with your customer base and gather feedback to help shape optimal shopping experiences
- Being where your customer are: Thinking about growth opportunities that are customer-centric
- Creating a seamless experience for customers in all channels
- Keeping future opportunities top of mind: Where they’re headed next
Alexandria JarrellCo-Founder & Chief Experience Officer
Kyle HoffCEO & Co-Founder
Ankit PatelVP, Merchandising
9:25 am - 9:35 am Quick 10 Minute Refreshment Break
9:35 am - 10:05 am Keynote Panel Discussion: Leaders In Retail Tech And What’s Next
Tech giants will join each other on stage to talk about their visions for the future and the trends and technology that are revolutionizing consumer shopping behavior. These dynamic panelists will discuss:
- What market leading platforms see next for the future of the industry
- Determining how their platforms will be transformative
- Deep diving into digital transformation in the retail industry – and where they fit in
- Focusing on helping retailers work smarter to achieve their goals
Nikhat AfzaHead of Personalization for Alexa, Devices & Services
Martin GilliardHead of Industry, Retail
Jodi GoldbergHead of Industry, Retail
10:05 am - 10:30 am Keynote Fireside Chat: The Merging Of Online And Offline Commerce Models
Antonio Nieves CEO Interior Define
Antonio Nieves CEO Interior Define
Antonio Nieves, the new CEO of Interior Define and former CEO of Modcloth will share how Interior Define is disrupting the multi billion dollar furniture market through a D2C model that makes the furniture buying process more efficient and affordable. Nieves will share their unique approach to physical retail and how they are seamlessly blending it with their online model.
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Refreshment Break – Grab A Cup Of Joe
We’ve got another amazing day at eTail! Grab a cup of joe and settle in.
11:00 am - 11:25 am Keynote: The Future Of Direct To Consumer Brands
11:25 am - 11:50 am Keynote: Say No to Silos! Mobile’s Role In Helping Your Company Achieve Omnichannel Success
With the app, your best customers are “logged in” when they enter a store. Now countless new and better experiences are possible for them. These new journeys are so compelling they can move mountains within an organization to bring the alignment necessary to make them possible. Learn from Bob, Head of Engagement at Petco, one of the leading pet specialty retailers in the world, as he showcases how these new journeys come to life and how to test and measure them:
- Having the mobile team take the lead to focus the company towards a customer first mindset using these journeys
- Creating belief by showing cross functional partners what a team of designers, developers, product management and UX researchers can make possible
- Partnering deeply with the organization to roll out across stores and to the public
Bob BennettVP & GM, Consumer Engagement
11:50 am - 12:05 pm Keynote: Moving To Offline & Exploring Brand Partnerships: Driving Growth At Brooklinen
Rich Fulop Founder & CEO Brooklinen
Rich Fulop Founder & CEO Brooklinen
Brooklinen, a Brooklyn based DTC bedding company, is experiencing incredible growth in a crowded market and is continuously finding ways to provide new offerings and experiences that will differentiate and delight. Co-Founder and CEO, Rich Fulop, will share how they are going beyond the DTC playbook. Hear about their journey into physical retail as well as their new marketplace concept and all of the ways they are expanding, partnering and learning from their customers to drive their business forward.
Rich FulopFounder & CEO
12:05 pm - 12:30 pm eTail Best In Class Award Winners Highlight: The eTail Visionary Award
The winner of the 2020 eTail Visionary Award will give a brief case study. This award goes to a retailer who has been truly transformative and has delivered quantifiable results for their organization.
1:00 pm - 1:55 pm Lunch & Networking For All Attendees
1:55 pm - 2:25 pm Keynote: Building An Industry-Altering Brand
Universal Standard is unifying fashion, creating access to great style for all women, so a size 34 can shop the same way a size 4 does. A brand that puts its community at the center of everything it does, Universal Standard has opened an honest dialogue with its customers to get real feedback that inspires every move the brand makes. From open casting calls to community-based retail experiences, personalized curation, and web tools that promote representation and access, Universal Standard is creating an entire ecosystem of inclusivity for its customers – with the online and IRL experiences they actually want. This presentation will address:
- How Universal Standard is cultivating inclusivity with personalized curation, service and experience to all women
- What customer behaviors and feedback Universal Standard draws on to understand what customers really want
- How Universal Standard is meeting customers everywhere they are - both online and IRL - to invite dialogues and offer immersive experiences with the brand
2:25 pm - 2:50 pm Prediction Panel And Retailer Round-Up
What will the year ahead (and beyond!) hold for retailers and innovative technology? As retailers are more nimble and agile than ever, what is next to understand the customer on a deeper level from discovery to last mile purchase? The thought leaders on this panel look into their crystal ball and give their best predictions for:
- The tech and themes retailers need to focus on for 2020
- The evolution of brand promise—how will the customer be adapting with your tech?
- What tech is vital to thriving for 2020
- The best “a-ha!” moments of eTail West 2020
Nakul VyasAmericas Head for Digital, Data & Analytics, Innovation, GSK Consumer Health Care
Mike ApostalCo-Founder, CEO & President
2:50 pm - 3:15 pm Vision Board Session
Wrap up a busy four days with a vision board activity where you will set your digital strategy for 2020 and walk away with an action plan.
3:15 pm - 4:00 pm California Wine Tasting Experience For All Attendees Hosted By Naked Wines
Cheers! It’s the end of eTail and there is nothing better celebrating your new memories and business opportunities than sitting with multiple glasses of the best wines overlooking Palm Desert. Many thanks to Naked Wines for hosting!
Visit www.NakedWines.com to learn about the independent winemakers this business supports and order yourself a few bottles—they’re delicious!